EU Regulation n. 524/2013 introduced the European Commission’s online dispute resolution platform (the “ODR Platform”). Please find here some guidance to help you comply with the Regulation’s requirements.*
Online traders must:
- Provide a link to the ODR Platform on their website. The link should be easily accessible for consumers.
- State their email address on their website (an online contact form that does not show the email address is not sufficient to meet this requirement).
- Inform consumers of the existence of the ODR Platform and the possibility of using the platform to resolve disputes.
- Include this information in any standard terms and conditions of business.
- Include the link to the ODR Platform in the email if the offer is made by email.
For more information please visit the European Commission's factsheet and the EU Commission information about ADR/ODR here.
* Note: The above list is not exhaustive and is only intended for reference purposes. In case of any doubt, please seek independent legal advice.
Back to top